At the end of the manufacturing process, all our parts are systematically checked visually and dimensionally according to the validated drawing.
Our control devices are checked periodically by a metrology laboratory.
We have the following control tools: calipers, depth gauges, internal micrometers, external micrometers, rings, smooth buffers, threaded buffers.
In addition, the specific tools allow us a thorough control:
- MITUTOYO measuring column,
- MAHR roughness tester,
- three-dimensional FARO measuring arm (max. Ø 2200 mm),
- MAHR MarSurf CD120 profilometer,
- three-dimensional measuring machine ZEISS DuraMax X 500 * Y 500 * Z 500.
The Zeiss machine allows the control of small parts. The profilometer makes it possible to measure the sharp edge edges of the flowmeters.
For more details on the dimensional control, you can find here general tolerances values :
- for machining according to ISO 2768 standard
- for welded constructions according to ISO 13920
Non destructive testing
The main control techniques that we propose are:
- Visual Control (or Visual Testing - VT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Radiography (or Radiographic Testing - RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (or Ultrasonic Testing - UT)
- Leak tightness testing (LT)
- PMI / Ferrite rate
- Hydraulic test flowmeters.
Non destructive tests called NDT (applied to forged, rolled, molded and welded parts) highlight all the defects likely to alter the availability, the safety of use and / or more generally the conformity of a part for the purpose for which it is intended.
Two types of defects are sought:
➮ Complementary controls also make it possible to check the chemical nature of the materials used (PMI) and the mechanical resistance of the parts (hydraulic test).
➮ For more details on NDT, you can find here a table with methods used and type of defects which can be highlighted.
Special attention for your specific needs
If some of these controls are imposed by construction codes or regulatory requirements, we are also able to take into account the specific requirements of our customers.
We have for this:
- Review procedures validated by Cofrend Level 3 certified personnel according to EN ISO 9712 or ASNT-TC-1A Level 3
- Cofrend Level 2 certified examiners according to EN ISO 9712 or ASNT -TC-1A Level 2
- Key construction codes specifying the applicable examination methods and acceptance criteria (ASME V, ASME VIII, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, CODAP / CODETI, NF EN 13480 / NF EN 13445, RCC-M, RCC-MRx, etc.)
Calibration & Products Inspection
For special applications, we are also able to offer a calibration of our devices in an approved laboratory (COFRAC, ISO 17025 ...).
All inspection and testing steps as well as manufacturing steps can also be inspected by the customer or an independent third party.
Material & Traceability
We are able to provide certificates of control of our raw materials adressing the NF EN 10204 standard. There are several types classified here from the least to the most demanding:
- Type 2.1 Certificate of compliance with the order
- Type 2.2 Check statement
- Type 3.1 Acceptance certificate 3.1
- Type 3.2 Acceptance Certificate 3.2