Conical orifice plate
Recommended for low flow rates and / or viscous fluids
- Standard: ISO / TR 15377.
- Mounting between flanges: ISO PN 2,5 to PN 420, ASME 150 # to 2500 #, others on consultation.
- Material: Standard: 304L / 316L stainless steel, others according to your application.
- Fluid: liquid, gas, steam.
- Diameter of pipes: from 25 to 500 mm.
- Accuracy: 2% of max flow.
- Repeatability of the measurement: 0.1%.
- Pressure taps: in the corners.
|ReD||Reynolds number in pipework||80 ≤ ReD ≤ 6.104|
|D||Pipe interior diameter||25 mm ≤ D < 500 mm|
|d||Orifice diameter||d > 6 mm|
|β||d/D||0,1 ≤ β ≤ 0,316|
|Ra||Upstream face roughness||Ra < 10⁴.d|
|e1||Conical entry thickness||e1 = 0,084.d ± 0,003.d|
|e||Cylindrical part thickness||e = 0,021.d ± 0,003.d|
|E||Plate thickness||E ≤ 0,1.D|
|α||Upstream bevel angle||α = 45° ± 15°|
|t||Flatness tolerance||t < 0,005.(D - d - 2.e1)/2|
You can find below our most frequently asked questions / answers.
If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us either by phone at +33 (0)126.96.36.199.20 or via the contact form. We will respond as soon as possible.
Why use a conical entry plate rather than a sharp edge plate?
A sharp edge plate is not suitable for a viscous fluid or circulating at too slow speed. A conical inlet plate accepts fluids with a very low Reynolds number (up to 80).
To understand and make your choice between the different orifice plates, refer to the selection table.