- Plate mounting: plates mounted in serie - optimized plate spacing for each unit from 1D to 5D (D, pipe internal diameter).
- Number of plates: calculation of the number of stages optimized according to the specifications of the application, each plate making it possible to reduce the maximum pressure while avoiding cavitation and critical flow phenomena. For more details, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Noise: check of the noise level of the complete unit estimated at 1 m. Multi-holes plates reduce the noise level per stage. Solutions of external envelopes can be recommended if the noise remains too high (consult us).
- Thermodynamics: the thermodynamic properties of the fluid are taken into account for the calculation of each stage: change of state, temperature, composition and density of the mixture, viscosity, compressibility factor.
- 3D simulation: possibility of a numerical simulation to complete the analytical calculations.
Example: validation of the design of a restriction orifice after comparison of the speeds at the passage of the restrictions
Fluid velocity with single orifice plates
Fluid velocity with multi-orifice plates