Multiple plates in series when the desired pressure drop can not be reached with a single plate
- Standards: Element based on ISO 5167, ASME MFC-3M or R.W. MILLER.
- Solder (BW) or flanged connection
- Material: Standard: 304L / 316L stainless steel, others according to your application.
- Fluid: liquid, gas, steam.
- Diameter of pipes: all sizes.
- Plate mounting: plates mounted in serie - optimized plate spacing for each unit from 1D to 5D (D, pipe internal diameter).
- Number of plates: calculation of the number of stages optimized according to the specifications of the application, each plate making it possible to reduce the maximum pressure while avoiding cavitation and critical flow phenomena. For more details, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Noise: check of the noise level of the complete unit estimated at 1 m. Multi-holes plates reduce the noise level per stage. Solutions of external envelopes can be recommended if the noise remains too high (consult us).
- Thermodynamics: the thermodynamic properties of the fluid are taken into account for the calculation of each stage: change of state, temperature, composition and density of the mixture, viscosity, compressibility factor.
- 3D simulation: possibility of a numerical simulation to complete the analytical calculations.
Example: validation of the design of a restriction orifice after comparison of the speeds at the passage of the restrictions
Fluid velocity with single orifice plates
Fluid velocity with multi-orifice plates
If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us either by phone at +33 (0)18.104.22.168.20 or via the contact form. We will respond as soon as possible.
A multi-stage restriction orifice (several plates in serie) is used if the desired pressure drop can not be achieved with a single plate. Indeed, each plate / stage enables reducing the pressure to its maximum while avoiding the phenomena of cavitation and critical flow. The calculation of the number of plates / stages is therefore a function of the data of your application.
We are also developing an internal software (soon available) that allows to quickly know the number of stages required according to your process data; this information is interesting when you need to estimate the size of the devices. We remain at your disposal to bring you this information.
The number of stages can vary from 1 to more than 10 if necessary. It is dictated by the pressure drop to be reached. Usually, the more the pressure drop is important, the more the number of stages to reach it is important.
We are developing an internal software (soon available) that allows to quickly know the number of stages required according to your process data; this information is interesting when you need to estimate the size of the devices. We remain at your disposal to bring you this information.